George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School

CPIP Bids a Fond Farewell to Kevin Madigan and Seeks New Deputy Director

CPIP logoLongtime CPIP staff member Kevin Madigan is leaving the Center next week to become VP, Legal Policy and Copyright Counsel at the Copyright Alliance.

“I joined CPIP just over four years ago, and my time with the Center and Scalia Law has been rewarding on so many levels. The knowledge I’ve gained and the relationships I’ve cultivated are things that I’ll cherish for the rest of my life,” said Kevin Madigan. “I’m proud to have been a part of such a dynamic academic center, and I know CPIP will continue to thrive in my absence. I want to express my sincere gratitude to Sandra Aistars, Sean O’Connor, Adam Mossoff, Devlin Hartline, Matt Barblan, Mark Schultz, Kristina Pietro, and Mary Clare Durel,” he continued.

“We could not be happier for Kevin who has done impeccable work for us beginning as a Fellow and recently serving as Deputy Director. While we will miss him, we know that he will not be far away given our close relationship with CA,” said Sean O’Connor, Executive Director at CPIP.

As a result of Kevin’s departure, we are now seeking a new Deputy Director to join the CPIP team. This is an exciting position for an accomplished intellectual property professional seeking to advance their career at the interface of academia, industry, and public policy.

Reporting to CPIP’s faculty Executive Director, the Deputy Director manages and participates in CPIP’s day-to-day operations including academic and policy work as well as conferences, meetings, and other events. The Deputy Director also works with the Executive Director and other faculty directors to develop CPIP’s long-term academic and policy plans.

The position is designed for an individual with a J.D. degree and an interest in promoting innovation and creativity through CPIP’s academic and policy mission. The ideal candidate will have: strong experience in intellectual property law and policy; familiarity with the academic intellectual property community; and an understanding of government policy-making in Washington, D.C. and beyond. At least three years of IP law practice or IP policy experience are required.

The job listing is available at the following link: https://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/47630