WIPO-CPIP Summer School
on Intellectual Property
June 11-22, 2018
Antonin Scalia Law School
George Mason University
The Center for the Protection of Intellectual Property (CPIP) at Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University, has partnered with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) to host the WIPO-CPIP Summer School on Intellectual Property.
This exclusive, two-week summer course will be held in Arlington, Virginia—just minutes from Washington, D.C., one of the world’s key centers of IP law and policymaking. The course provides a unique opportunity for students, professionals, and government officials to work with leading experts and gain a deeper knowledge of IP to advance their careers.
The course consists of lectures, case studies, simulation exercises, and group discussions on selected IP topics, with an orientation towards the interface between IP and other disciplines. A certificate of participation is awarded to participants who successfully complete the course requirements.
PROGRAM, READINGS, & SLIDES
- Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill: https://washingtondc.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
- Washington Hilton: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/district-of-columbia/washington-hilton-DCAWHHH/index.html
- Washington Marriott at Metro Center: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-photos/wasmc-washington-marriott-at-metro-center/
Arlington, VA Hotels:
- Residence Inn Courthouse: http://www.campustravel.com/university/georgemason/h_residence_arlington.html
- Hilton Arlington (special GMU rates available): http://www.campustravel.com/university/georgemason/h_hilton_arlington.html
- Hyatt Centric Arlington: https://arlington.centric.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Temporary Accommodations: Inexpensive Hotels, Hostels, and Summer Housing:
TRAVEL & GETTING AROUND:
- Reagan National Airport (DCA): http://www.flyreagan.com/dca/reagan-national-airport
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI): https://www.bwiairport.com/
- Dulles International Airport (IAD): http://flydulles.com/iad/dulles-international-airport
Metrobus and Metrorail (servicing DC, Maryland, and Virginia):
- Washington Metro Area Transit Authority (WMATA): https://www.wmata.com/
By Metro, the law school is closest to the Virginia Square station on the Orange line. We are two blocks east of the station on Fairfax Drive.
Directions to Antonin Scalia Law School & Public Parking:
- Directions to the law school are available here: http://www.law.gmu.edu/about/directions
- Public parking is available in the Founders Hall Parking Garage. Please see the map here: http://www.law.gmu.edu/about/directions
You enter from Kirkwood Road or Washington Boulevard and the garage is located in the middle of the alley. Please note we cannot offer validated parking.
THINGS TO DO:
- Visit DC for the complete DC experience: https://washington.org/
- Explore DC through tours: https://www.viator.com/Washington-DC/d657-ttd
- Check out the Washington Post’s City Guide: https://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/?utm_term=.fa23c58e080a
- Cultural Tourism DC: https://www.culturaltourismdc.org/portal/
- Check out DC Museums and Events: https://www.si.edu/events/
- Explore DC on less and find daily deals: https://www.groupon.com/local/washington
TOURS & SIGHTSEEING:
- Capitol Building: https://www.visitthecapitol.gov/
- White House: https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/tours-events/
- Duck Tours: https://www.dcducks.com/
- Segway Tours: https://www.citysegwaytours.com/washington-dc
- IMAX Theaters: https://www.si.edu/imax/
- Old Town Trolley Bus Tours: https://www.trolleytours.com/washington-dc
- Washington Walks Tour: http://www.washingtonwalks.com/tours/list-walking-tours.shtml
- DC by Foot Walking Tour: http://www.dcbyfoot.com/
If you have any questions, please contact Devlin Hartline at email@example.com.